2 cups chocolate cookie crumb
⅓ cup butter, melted
1 tsp am vanilla bean salt
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperatures
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 tbsp vanilla
am. Vanilla Bean Baking Salt
Special equipment: springform pan
- Prepare the crust by crushing cookies into a crumb, add melted butter and vanilla bean salt. Press into the spring form pan and set aside.
- In the top of a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips, making sure that they are very smooth.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy with an electric mixer. Gradually beat in condensed milk until smooth. Mix in melted chocolate, eggs, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer on low speed until the ingredients are thoroughly blended. Pour the filling into the prepared crust.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 55 minutes. The cake will seem undercooked in the center, but it will continue to cook after you remove it from the oven.
- Allow to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate overnight.
- Top with chocolate ganache and vanilla bean salt. And serve with macerated berries.